1.15.2010

My week of Twitter, Final Cut and Compressor

So I am still working on creating Twitter account for all world leaders listed on the PlaidAvenger.com. I finished down to Nelson Mandela (Plaid_Mandela) and now have 12 more to go. I hope to finish them tonight and then have them all follow each other. Then the fun begins and we have to start updating them! Hopefully we can get some students this spring or dedicated alumni to help us out.

I have been recording/editing a lot of John Boyer's lectures this week. We have recorded "Japan Early History," Japan Meiji" and "Japan Rising Sun." I have edited "Early History and Meiji" and am working on "Rising Sun" now. So far I have only posted "Early History" and the colors keep changing (working on it), but check it out if you have a chance and give us some feed back:

Japan Early History from Plaid Avenger on Vimeo.


The last thing I have been working on is learning Compressor because I want to be able to continue editing video while compressing another one. Currently I finish editing then wait 1-3 hours for Final Cut to export the video. Now I export a Quicktime Reference Movie in about 10 mins from Final Cut then take that file into Compressor and compress it from there. And Compressor only take about 30 minutes which is still less time overall and gives better quality. Why have I not done this before!?!

1 comment:

  1. You should post all the links to all the twitter leaders here, or retweet them on twitter.

    ReplyDelete