1.10.2010

New Start

Decided I really needed to start a blog about my life and mostly the happenings of PlaidAvenger.com. Friend and plaid artist Klaus set me up here on blogger with my sweet banner and everything!

So what have I been up to? Recently I have been working on creating Twitter accounts for all of the world leaders (64 currently) that we have on the website. The plan it to have these feeds on each world leaders profile page and eventually into an iPhone app we are working on. Each day they will be updated with what that world leader is doing currently ie "At the ASEAN conference in Singapore talking to Hu Jintao" or "in country meeting with my cabinet members." I think it will be a cool resource for the leaders especially those with no presence on Twitter or no English speaking presence on Twitter.

For the names I had to first create each world leader a email address on PlaidAvenger.com. Gmail hosts our email so luckily I could make a CSV file with the username and password and it would create all of the emails instead of doing it one at a time. If only twitter was like that! Then I went to Twitter and made each one and upload a profile pic. If possible (some names are too long) I did Plaid_"Leaders last name" so Plaid_Obama or Plaid_Brown. I'm about 1/2 of the way done and hope to have them all done this week.

Well that's it for now! Got to get some sleep as I'll be up editing video for my real job in the morning before going to my 3rd job at the Vintage Cellar selling some wine and beer. Party on my friends!

1 comment:

  1. 64 Twitter accounts? That's going to be UNREAL to keep going! Best of luck, I can't wait to see how it works!

    ReplyDelete